Cryptography Library Developer
About the company
PQShield is a highly innovative deep tech start-up that specialises in post-quantum cryptography and cybersecurity. Our mission is to innovate and create solutions for the world's most imminent security challenge: quantum computers.
Here at PQShield, we understand our people are the most important factor in driving our success. Therefore, our core value is to provide them with a work environment that promotes personal and professional growth. Hard work and loyalty are always met with acknowledgement, appreciation and reward.
About the role
As a Cryptography Library Developer at PQShield you will be responsible for developing secure, cryptographic software libraries. You’ll work with the engineering team to define our different cryptography libraries. The job will also include the following responsibilities:
- You'll be responsible for the implementation and optimisation of secure control firmware for a hardware-software co-design system
- Ensuring integration with cryptographic system and application API’s, for example: GlobalPlatform, ARM platform security architecture, Linux kernel drivers
- Take responsibility for any security code reviews, static and dynamic code analysis & model checking of firmware
- Collaborating with internal hardware/software teams and customers on security solution requirements and functional features of products
- Designing software to the agreed specifications
- You will be responsible for providing support to all current and new cryptographic software libraries
- Provide support to other members of the engineering team and collaborate with senior management in order to promote open communication with other teams
- You'll support and improve existing software designs within PQShield
- Design, develop and test future PQShield cryptographic software developments
You’ll also participate in review meetings to ensure continuous improvement to software design practices and processes within PQShield.
This job requires a PhD or equivalent in Computer Science/Electronics/Cryptography or another related discipline and 5 or more years of experience in developing cryptographic software/security solutions. The ideal candidate will also have the following skills:
- Experience with high-assurance programming techniques: vulnerability testing and code review, static and dynamic code analysis tools, formal methods (e.g. bounded model checking of firmware)
- Exposure to modern cryptography: Post-quantum cryptography, side-channel and implementation attacks, countermeasures and security testing processes
- 3+ years of experience programming in C, Assembler or Rust
- Deep knowledge and understanding of software interfaces; buses, operating system interfaces
- Previous exposure to cryptographic algorithms and protocols,
- You must be comfortable with the mathematics of cryptography
- Strong ability to interpret results and resolve problems
At PQShield you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting, cutting edge projects whilst being part of an autonomous, collaborative environment. On top of this, we offer some fantastic benefits, such as:
- EMI share option scheme
- Flexible & remote working, and a working from home budget
- Private health insurance for yourself and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 50% gym membership discount
Headquartered in Oxford, with additional teams across the UK and in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and the US we really do have a global reach. You can join our teams in one of these locations, or work remotely across Europe - the choice is yours!
Apply today to join the battle against cyber threats and to be a part of our exciting deep tech start up!
PQShield is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We’re passionate about talent and proud to foster an inclusive environment; all applicants will be considered regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age.