Hardware Verification Engineer
PQShield is a spinout from the University of Oxford specialising in post-quantum cryptography and cybersecurity. Our mission is to innovate and create solutions for the world’s most imminent security challenge: quantum computers. Our cryptosystems will ensure unparalleled internet security and data protection on a global scale across several industries – keeping us all safe as quantum computing technology develops.
Headquartered in Oxford, with additional teams across the UK and in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and the US, our quantum-secure cryptographic solutions work with companies' legacy systems to protect devices and sensitive data now and for years to come. We are well-funded and VC backed, having recently closed our $20m series A funding round.
PQShield is a highly innovative deep tech company that considers our people to be our most important assets, and so our core value is to provide them with a work environment that promotes personal and professional growth. Hard work and loyalty are always met with acknowledgement, appreciation, and reward. We promote openness and flexibility, resulting in a friendly, family like environment.
Our corporate social responsibility centres around making sure our products are used in a constructive and positive way – we would like to think that our products will contribute to the greater good rather than be just another money-making commodity.
About the role
PQShield is looking for an Experienced Verification Engineer to expand our cryptographic hardware IP team. Candidates should hold a degree in Electronic Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent. We hope that you have at least 5 years of experience, but also an open, research-oriented mindset.
The company is not too old, so you would be directly working with the founders and inventors of this deep tech startup. However the technology is already a couple of years in the making, its feasibility having been established, funding secured, and it has a clear path to market. This is a great opportunity to make career progress and to get a head start in a rapidly expanding segment of the semiconductor industry (Post-Quantum Cryptography and RISC-V).
Our IP components come together as a RISC-V MCU based Sub-system with advanced (post-quantum) cryptography algorithm support and security features.
What you’ll be doing
- Definition of IP Verification plan linking product requirements through to detailed testcases
- Create reliable and reusable testbench for subsystems and IPs
- Develop state of the art digital verification methodology
- Hands-on project design/verification involvement
- Degree or equivalent in Electronics/Computer Science or other related discipline
- Metric driven verification - Verification planning, requirements extraction - Directed and constrained random verification - Functional and code coverage analysis
- SystemVerilog - SVA (SystemVerilog Assertions)
- Formal verification and verification qualification techniques
- Testbench design with verification frameworks like UVM/OVM, e, VMM
- Object oriented programming (OOP) - Use of OOP design patterns
- Experience with standard EDA Verification Tool flows , Synopsys , Cadence etc.
- Common Bus protocols (e.g. AMBA), co-processors, hardware-software co-design
- Scripting experience with sh/csh, TCL, Make, Python
- Debugging skills - RTL - Testbench, OOP - Gate level (including SDF)
- An innovative, creative, lateral thinking problem solver
Nice to have
- C cross-compiler and co-design familiarity, (ARM, RISC-V) assembler
- Microprocessor/SoC architecture, ISA design
- Knowledge of Cryptographic Algorithms and Protocols
- Knowledge of Industry standard SoC Security Architectures
- Tamper resistance, Side-Channel Security Countermeasures
- Secure elements, Smart Cards, FIPS 140, Common Criteria
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary.
- EMI share option scheme.
- Flexible & remote working, and a working from home budget.
- Private health insurance for yourself and your family.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- 50% gym membership discount.
- The chance to work with a really nice, smart and friendly team!
PQShield is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We’re passionate about talent and proud to foster an inclusive environment; all applicants will be considered regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age.