About the company
PQShield is a highly innovative deep tech start-up that specialises in post-quantum cryptography and cybersecurity. Our mission is to innovate and create solutions for the world's most imminent security challenge: quantum computers.
Here at PQShield, we understand our people are the most important factor in driving our success. Therefore, our core value is to provide them with a work environment that promotes personal and professional growth. Hard work and loyalty are always met with acknowledgement, appreciation and reward.
About the role
As a Software Engineer at PQShield, you will be designing and developing secure solutions, helping to develop software solutions working seamlessly through the entire software development life cycle. You’ll be supporting the integration of PQShield’s cryptographic libraries and toolkits with higher-level applications and systems. Other responsibilities for this role include:
- Performing security code reviews along with static and dynamic code analysis
- Collaborating with PQShield’s internal software & hardware teams and customers on security requirements and functional features of our software solutions
- Improving the entire software development life cycle, from inception and design, through to development and deployment
- Ensuring the coding quality of PQShield’s internal and partner facing applications
- You’ll be responsible for building scalable, high-quality and high-performing software applications for PQShield
- Contributing to project delivery timelines and ensuring all software solutions are developed and delivered in a timely manner
- Generating software development documentation and ensuring this is communicated to stakeholders both internally and externally
You’ll also be solving complex software engineering problems to drive business value in PQShield’s solutions and technologies.
The ideal candidate will have a degree level of education and 5 years or more experience in systems programming - primarily in C. We are also looking for the following skills:
- Broad understanding of information security and its intersection with cryptography. For example, experience one or more of the following areas: Communications protocols (e.g. TLS and VPNs); Public key infrastructure; key management; platform security (e.g. HSMs, Trusted Execution Environments); Software update; User/service authentication
- Strong ability to interpret results and resolve problems
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies, languages and systems
- Experience with techniques for developing secure software applications
- Previous experience applying object-oriented or functional programming techniques to real-world software engineering problems
At PQshield you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting, cutting edge projects whilst being part of an autonomous, collaborative environment. On top of this, we offer some fantastic benefits, such as:
- EMI share option scheme
- Flexible & remote working, and a working from home budget
- Private health insurance for yourself and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 50% gym membership discount
Headquartered in Oxford, with additional teams across the UK and in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and the US we really do have a global reach. You can join our teams in one of these locations, or work remotely across Europe - the choice is yours!
Apply today to join the battle against cyber threats and to be a part of our exciting deep tech start up!
PQShield is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We’re passionate about talent and proud to foster an inclusive environment; all applicants will be considered regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age.