Software Development Manager
About the company
PQShield is a highly innovative deep tech start-up that specialises in post-quantum cryptography and cybersecurity. Our mission is to innovate and create solutions for the world's most imminent security challenge: quantum computers.
Here at PQShield, we understand our people are the most important factor in driving our success. Therefore, our core value is to provide them with a work environment that promotes personal and professional growth. Hard work and loyalty are always met with acknowledgement, appreciation and reward.
About the role
We’re currently looking for a Software Development Manager who will be responsible for leading a team of engineers developing industry leading cryptography and security software solutions. You’ll be joining a growing R&D team who produce software and hardware solutions for global customers.
You’ll be responsible for managing a growing software development team, setting strategic goals for the team and ensuring solution delivery aligns with the product roadmap. The role also includes the following responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for recruiting, onboarding and supporting new recruits within the software development team ensuring the team has the right capacity and capabilities
- Develop and implement metrics to measure the performance and success of the software team
- Work closely with senior management to build sustainable product roadmaps, delivery schedules and communicate progress
- Ensure the highest coding standards across the team and work with team members to ensure high quality design production
- Assist the team in trouble shooting technically complex problems to ensure a smooth workflow
- Make sure PQShield’s quality standards are easily accessible to everyone within the business
- Challenge team members thinking and methods in order to improve solutions
- Actively promote and ensure best practice design and coding standards are maintained from all team members
You’ll take technical leadership of software projects that involve cross functional software teams of varying seniority.
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least seven years of experience working as a software developer, ideally in the security or hardware IP space. On top of this, the positions requires the following skills:
- Degree level education preferred
- 3+ years of experience managing cross functional software teams successfully
- Demonstrable track record of working with full stack development technologies, SDLC systems, CI/CD pipelines, test frameworks and software engineering best practices
- Strong leadership, management and problem solving skills
- Previous experience developing software development teams
- A track record of recruiting, leading and inspiring software teams
You’ll also have strong communication skills, a strong desire and ability to move up and be promoted within the organisation and you’ll be a self-starter with the ability to work in a team.
At PQshield you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting, cutting edge projects whilst being part of an autonomous, collaborative environment. On top of this, we offer some fantastic benefits, such as:
- EMI share option scheme
- Flexible & remote working, and a working from home budget
- Private health insurance for yourself and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 50% gym membership discount
Headquartered in Oxford, with additional teams across the UK and in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and the US we really do have a global reach. You can join our teams in one of these locations, or work remotely across Europe - the choice is yours!
Apply today to join the battle against cyber threats and to be a part of our exciting deep tech start up!
PQShield is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We’re passionate about talent and proud to foster an inclusive environment; all applicants will be considered regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age.