About the company
PQShield is a highly innovative deep tech start-up that specialises in post-quantum cryptography and cybersecurity. Our mission is to innovate and create solutions for the world's most imminent security challenge: quantum computers.
Here at PQShield, we understand our people are the most important factor in driving our success. Therefore, our core value is to provide them with a work environment that promotes personal and professional growth. Hard work and loyalty are always met with acknowledgement, appreciation and reward.
About the role
We’re currently looking for a Cryptography Architect at PQShield who will be responsible for helping to define the next generation of secure hardware and software implementations of post quantum cryptographic solutions.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing and analysing post quantum cryptographic algorithms including key exchange algorithms and digital signature schemes. Other responsibilities for this role include:
- Taking responsibility for investigating new and future algorithms within the cryptography space
- Undertaking research into potential Post Quantum Cryptography algorithm implementations and optimisations
- Designing and developing architectural descriptions and models of post quantum cryptographic algorithms
- Being the interface for the engineering team, providing specifications for Micro-Architectural planning and implementation
- Being responsible for undertaking security analysis of post quantum and classical cryptography implementations
- You’ll be researching different secure attack resistant (SCA, Fault) implementations of post quantum algorithms and proposing these to the engineering team
- Your key focus will be researching and solving problems and the intersection of cryptographic research and implementation
- Being responsible for implementing post quantum cryptographic primitives in order to help PQShield customers migrate from classic cryptographic solutions to post quantum solutions
You’ll also be responsible for designing, implementing and preparing software-based cryptographic modules, supporting multiprecision arithmetic, elliptic curve based cryptographic schemes
The ideal candidate will have 2 or more years of experience working or researching in the field of Post-Quantum Cryptography along with a deep knowledge of secure cryptography implementations, as well as experience in the following areas:
- PhD or degree in Cryptography, Applied Cryptography, Mathematics or Computer Science
- Experience working in the post quantum field is essential
- 10+ years of experience working within the cryptography industry (Classical or post quantum)
- Demonstrate an understanding of Side-Channel analysis of cryptographic primitives
- Theoretical understanding of common Side-Channel countermeasures
- Proven track record of producing technical solution designs and designing architectural plans
- Worked previously on prototyping or proof of concepts in Hardware or Software
- 5+ years of experience working on programming in C/C++, Python, Mathematics tools
At PQshield you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting, cutting edge projects whilst being part of an autonomous, collaborative environment. On top of this, we offer some fantastic benefits, such as:
- EMI share option scheme
- Flexible & remote working, and a working from home budget
- Private health insurance for yourself and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 50% gym membership discount
Headquartered in Oxford, with additional teams across the UK and in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and the US we really do have a global reach. You can join our teams in one of these locations, or work remotely across Europe - the choice is yours!
Apply today to join the battle against cyber threats and to be a part of our exciting deep tech start up!
PQShield is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We’re passionate about talent and proud to foster an inclusive environment; all applicants will be considered regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age.